Saturday, February 7, 2009

S.W.A.T. and Business

As a professional speaker, I share many of the experiences that I had in law enforcement and what I've learned about leadership to help others become better leaders and achieve more.

I recently had someone ask me what S.W.A.T. and business have in common and how the lessons and principles of running a S.W.A.T. Team can help in business. The best way I can answer that is to describe what I feel are some of the essential characteristics of a great S.W.A.T. Team.

Here they are (in no particular order):

Skilled, talented, and proficient team members
Competent leadership
Effective communication
Trust
Clearly defined goals and objectives
Training and development
Flexibility
Clearly communicated expectations
Accountability
Collaboration
Belief in the team and in the process
Great attitude
Winning mindset
Focus
Discipline
Right people in the right positions
Focused on strengths vs. weaknesses

Any of these sound like they are necessary in business? ABSOFREAKINLUTELY!!!!!

Find out more about my presentations at http://www.bryanthalstead.com

Just believe...

No comments: