Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Virginia's Budget Situation and Proposed Cuts

Virginia Sheriffs gathered in Richmond yesterday to voice their concern/objections to Governor Kaine's proposed budget cuts which would cut funding to their departments.

I am well aware of the budget shortfall and I think even considering cutting law enforcement funding during a time of economic crisis is just silly. As a 14 year law enforcement veteran, I can tell you that when the economy is bad people get desperate and resort to things that they would never consider during good times. What I mean by that is simple, during poor economic times, crime increases. This is truly a head shaker for me. I think there is a lot of cutting that can occur before we start chopping at the public safety budget.

Just believe...

No comments: