Friday, March 27, 2009

Dallas police chief apologizes for conduct of officer who drew gun on NFL player outside hospital

OMG!!! I am not a big news fan because it's mostly a bunch of negative fear creating nonsense however, this story caught my attention due to my law enforcement background.

A Dallas police officer, Robert Powell detained an NFL player in the hospital parking lot when he was trying to get to the bedside of a family member to say goodbye prior to their passing. The fact that this involved a professional athlete is irrelevant. Nobody should ever be treated this way. Yes, the guy ran a red light and under the circumstances, it seems totally reasonable. The problem is that this cop is a moron and has zero common sense and compassion!

I am totally pissed off and outraged that anyone who wears a badge and carries a gun could ever treat someone like this is such a situation! Someone needs to rip the badge off of his chest and send him packing and make sure he is NEVER allowed to serve in this capacity ever!!!

I feel like flying to Dallas and doing it myself, this is disgusting! My heart hurts for this individual who did not get to say goodbye to a loved one due to the ignorance and lack of compassion shown by Officer Powell.

No comments: