Thursday, October 2, 2008

Passion.... Do You Love What You Do?

I will be speaking on behalf on my local Chamber of Commerce today at a ribbon cutting ceremony for a local business. In preparation for this event, I met with the owners of this business. I was thrilled to see the excitement, enthusiasm, and passion that they have for what they are doing. They are both great people doing something that they truly believe in and love doing!

Do you love what you do? Are you spending each day working in a career that you are passionate about? Are you doing work that you love and believe in? These are questions that you need to ask yourself. If the answer is no, then maybe it's time to re-evaluate what you care about and make some changes in your life.

Someone asked me last week how many hours I work each week. I had to stop and think because I don't keep track and quite frankly I have no idea. It's not work, I love what I do and so it never feels like work. So I still don't know the answer and it really doesn't matter.

The bottom line here is.... Do what you love and love what you do, you'll be happier and so will everyone around you!

Just believe...

2 comments:

Hurricane said...

Bryant,
This blog hits home with me in my current job. Great post!

Anonymous said...

While anyone I know would LOVE to do what they love, most of the time doing what we love can be at a detriment to our livelihoods, families, ourselves, etc. It sucks hearing someone say "I LOVE WHAT I DO!" Good for you. I don't. That doesn't make me a bad person, just one that puts my family's priorities and needs first before I'm able to follow my dreams. Those dreams that I dream of every single day and hope in hope of all hopes that one day I know I will achieve. I am not a miserable person, nor do I lead a miserable life, I just have a firm grip on my reality. Remember, you once had to do what you did not WANT to, but did for the greater good of your family. So, instead of DO WHAT YOU LOVE...learn to accept what you have to do until you are able to do what you love.