Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Trust Your Gut...

I just returned from a fabulous trip to the Big Easy! My wife and I went there to attend a friend's wedding. The first night there we decided to take a walk down to the infamous Bourbon Street. This being our first trip there, we had no idea where we were going. We did have a map however, my map reading skills were a "little" off that night. We ended up just on the outskirts of the French Quarter. We both noticed immediately that there was a stark contrast between the area we had just traveled through and what was ahead of us. Our instincts "kick in" and we quickly reversed our route and ultimately found our way to our intended destination. The point of this story being "TRUST YOUR GUT". We all have incredible instincts and based on my knowledge and experience, when we choose not to trust our gut... that's when we get in trouble.

Just believe...

2 comments:

The Marketing Guy said...

Bryant you are exactly correct. I ran into a similar situation and did not trust my gut.

I was in Seattle, Washington several years ago working on a project. My wife and I stayed over for the weekend to see more of seattle. We did the Fish Market tour and decided to shop in the mall downtown.

Against all my normal thinking I decided to go through an alley after we park the car instead of going down the main street.

Half way through I saw two guys approaching. First inclination is to turn around, but I was not going to show fear. When we met these guys asked are you tourist in the city, I said yes. To my suprise the other guy said please never walk down this alley in this city again. There are a lot of undesirables who just wait for people like you to rob.

That was an eye opener. We quickly got out of there and now I trust my instincts more than my manly feeling.

Bryant Halstead said...

Marketing Guy,

Thanks for sharing your story! I am glad to hear you got out of the Seattle situation safely. Stay safe & trust your gut!

Bryant